Shrimp Fettuccine

How's everyones November going? Normally around this time we'd be in full Thanksgiving prep mode! However things will definitely be different this year. Just wanted to pop in real quick to share a favorite recipe in our house. It came from my husband's mind as he never uses a recipe. As I watched him make it last night I attempted to follow along and get the correct measurements to share!
As I try to eat a little bit healthier I think back to my teens when I was trying to lose weight. I didn't go on any fancy diet, I simply ate in moderation. I still had everything I loved, just smaller portions. I don't want to deprive my family of good food, or myself either! So I will just jump right into the recipe!

I also need to apologize in advance as I got barely any pictures of this recipe and ended up having to screen grab from a video! My husband was too excited to start cooking.

Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine

Serves 4-6 
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine noodles
1 pound raw shrimp
Half an onion, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, diced
1/4 - 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup tomatoes sliced in half
1 tablespoon Butter
1 tablespoon EVOO
Salt & pepper to taste

Boil noodles to al dente, about 7 minutes. Check package for an estimate of times.

Saute onion, tomatoes and garlic in a tablespoon EVOO until softened, about 5 minutes. 

Add shrimp and a tablespoon of butter and cook until no longer pink. 
Slowly add heavy cream stirring constantly. You may not need the whole half cup, start with the 1/4 cup and slowly add cream until you have a enough to coat noodles and some for evaporation. Throughly mix together and add in noodles. Let simmer over low heat until sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately.
 
We served this along side steamed broccoli and some cheddar bay biscuits. Would also be good with some asparagus and a side salad! Mix it up to whatever is on hand and needs to be eaten!
I hope these directions make sense! I never realized how difficult it was to follow along while someone else cooks! My husband never measures anything yet somehow his dishes are usually delicious! I think he's only made two dishes we both didn't agree on!

I hope you're able to enjoy this yummy fall dish that is a constant in our rotation! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring pasta salad

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Protein Shake

Albers Cornbread